- To create an environment in KMU in which research thrives and become an integral part of all academic activities.
- To facilitate high quality research in the constituent and affiliated institutions with focus on the health needs and problems of the country.
- To establish linkages with the industry to facilitate coordinated research with a mutual commercial and academic gains.
- To develop and patent software, hardware products, human capital to provide consultancy and marketing services to the pharmaceutical industry, public health and others including thr needs of neighboring country Afghanistan.
- To increase the knowledge base by capacity development and continuous professional education through existing and new courses.